WHERE TO TRAVEL IN 2021 | THE 12 APOSTLES HOTEL & SPA

One year ago, the infamous Covid-19 hit the world with a bang. Non of us really expected it to last so long and most certainly non of us expected it to hit us so hard. Thankfully the vaccine is being distributed across the globe, in the hope that we can all get some form of normality back after this pandemic. 

If you have been following my blog and Instagram for a while now, you will know that travelling the world has always been a passion of mine. Being able to explore new places, meet new people and taste different food is always such a great pleasure. Despite our travel plans being limited in 2020, Marc and I were fortunate to start 2021 with a trip down to Cape Town this past week to explore one of the most beautiful parts of the world again. If you have not yet been to Cape Town, I highly recommend it!

One of the most exquisite hotels to stay in, while in Cape Town, is the renowned Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa, located just outside Camps Bay.  The Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa is part of The Red Carnation Hotel Group which includes The Oyster Box Hotel & Spa, where Marc and I stayed at last year November in Umhlanga. Click here to read all about that stay.

Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or not, The 12 Apostles is really one for the books. The attention to detail that is displayed at the hotel is really to be noted. We stayed in a Luxury Sea Facing Suite and were spoilt with Champagne and chocolates for Marc's birthday! So it is worth going to the hotel to celebrate a special occasion!

The 12 Apostles Hotel & Spa hosts a variety of dining experiences which is definitely worth trying out. If you are like me and enjoy a hearty breakfast but a fresh and healthy breakfast, then the 12 Apostles is the place to enjoy that at. From fresh oysters and croissants to the most divine Norwegian salmon and cream cheese, the 12 Apostles breakfast is to die for! Another highlight is enjoying the 12 Apostles 3-course dining experience or sushi menu, which is delicious. Similar to The Oyster Box, the 12 Apostles offers a luxurious high tea at the Leopard Bar overlooking to breathtaking Atlantic Ocean. 

One of the niche experiences that the 12 Apostles hosts, is their own private cinema. I real treat, especially in covid times. Marc and I enjoyed a movie one night with popcorn and milkshakes. I felt like I was really living my 50s dream life! It is the perfect place for a date night! 

If you are like me and looking for a more relaxing experience while down in Cape Town, I highly recommend the 12 Apostles Spa. The Red Carnation Hotel Group has recently introduced the renowned Tata Harper Skincare range to their Spa treatments at the hotels and my oh my, is it a treat! I don't normally fall asleep during massages but when I went for the Tata Harper Organic Massage, I couldn't help but fall asleep during the 90 minutes of absolute pure relaxation.

The 12 Apostles has two magnificent pools at the hotel, namely the rock pool and the heated infinity pool over looking the majestic Atlantic Ocean. The rock pool is beautiful to say the least, it is nestled at the foot of Table Mountain in the beautiful and scenic gardens of the hotel. I wish I had more time at the hotel, as I would have lounged around the pools all day and enjoyed a bespoke lunch by the pool from the Twelve Apostles Café Grill lunch menu. 

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay at the 12 Apostles Hotel & Spa and if I had the opportunity again, I would most certainly stay there. The hotel is perfectly situated with views of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the beautiful Atlantic Oceans, with daily whale sightings, which Marc and I were lucky to witness! 

For more travel and lifestyle inspiration, follow me on Instagram @fashionfundi



TC

xoxo




No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig