RADISSON BLU WATERFRONT | MY FAVOURITE SPOT IN CAPE TOWN

If you are a brunch snob like me, then there is no doubt that finding a decent place to enjoy a long boozy brunch is rare! For me at least, it is always a challenge to find a great boozy brunch spot in South Africa! I want decent champagne with my oysters ok! ;) But on a serious note, it really is not as trendy as other parts of the world. I know when I've traveled abroad to Europe and America, it never seems to be difficult to find a nice Saturday or Sunday brunch location. Recently, when I was in New York City, there were so many restaurants offering long boozy brunches on the weekend. Don't get me wrong, in South Africa, there are plenty of cute cafes that offer breakfast and lunch but unfortunately nothing in between and most certainly nothing worth writing home about that involves a scrumptious Mimosa or two. The three things I look for when searching for the perfect weekend brunch spot is 1.) good food, 2.) decent champagne and 3.) a great vibe! You think this list is easy to find but trust me it really isn't. Needless to say, this blog post is not a ranting session. There is actually light at the end of the tunnel. 

Fear no more, whether you are from South Africa or visiting the country for a while, I have the perfect brunch location for you little boozy brunches. (insert drum roll please) I travel to Cape Town quite often (which I am so grateful for) and every time I am in the city, there is one destination in particular that I will make sure I stop and have brunch at! The Radisson Blu Waterfront hosts one of the finest Saturday Boozy Brunches that I have experienced in South Africa. Known as the Breakers Brunch, it really is a spot you have to hit when you are in town. With a never ending starter buffet involving freshly made sushi, seared salmon, and fresh out of the ocean oysters, it is enough to make you go wild! It doesn't stop there, for your main course you can choose between a seafood platter, a meat platter, a "surf & turf" platter or a delicious vegan platter. I love seafood so I always opt for the seafood platter and it never disappoints. The extensive drinks menu is never ending and if you opt to go for the boozy brunch, I can guarantee you will be getting value for your money! (Trust me, the mimosas were flowing.) Last but never least are the sweet treats offered at the end! A full dessert buffet is on display with freshly baked cakes and donuts, gelato ice-cream and the most heavenly chocolate ganache truffles. I literally think I ate my entire body weight in food that day, but it is totally worth it! To top it all off, the view of the ocean is breathtaking and the Radisson Blu Waterfront. It not only has a view of the V&A waterfront but it also has a panoramic view of the ocean. It's so beautiful especially when the sun is shining and the Cape wind is not blowing us away! This last visit I had there, we were so blessed to see whales and dolphins right near the shoreline while having our brunch! It really couldn't have been a better day! 

For more photos and videos of the Radisson Blu Breakers Brunch, head over to my Instagram @fashionfundi and for more info on the brunch, click here!
TC
xoxo

#RadissonBluHotelWaterfront #BreakersBrunch #TobagosRestaurant

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig