FINE DINING IN JOBURG | ROOTS RESTAURANT

Happy Monday! 
Thanks to Roots restaurant, I am lucky enough to have started my week on a very good note!

What better way to end off the weekend than with a fantastic fine dining experience at the famous Roots Restaurant located at the Forum Homini Boutique Hotel. If you have read my previous post regarding my fabulous staycation at the Forum Homini Boutique Hotel, you would have seen that I had the pleasure of enjoying a magnificent 6 course dinner and 5 course breakfast at the Roots Restaurant.

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of enjoying a delicious 4 course lunch at Roots Restaurant that was accompanied with a wine pairing. 

For our first dish we enjoyed a delicious Risotto glazed with baby carrot, roasted carrot puree, pumpkin seeds, burned corn and onion ash. The dish was paired with a glass of Lammershoek that perfectly complimented the meal. 

The second dish consisted of a Herb Crumble Sea bass topped with baby spinach, pickled shimeji, cauliflower puree, anchovies, brown rice, grilled tomato and pickled red peppers. It was then served with a glass of Zevenwacht Sauvignon Blac, which tasted so scrumptious. This dish was light and refreshing and really got my taste buds excited for what else was to come. 

For our main meal, we had the pleasure of enjoying a Roasted Venison Loin accompanied with broccoli, roscoff onion, ashed aubergine puree, snails, mashed potato, Cafe De Paris butter, chickpea puree, walnut crumble and button mushrooms. Although I am not a fan of snails, I still enjoyed most of the dish. As I love a good red wine, the Rietvallei Esteanna Red Blend, that was paired with this dish, was by far my favourite out of the lot. 

Finally, for dessert we enjoyed a delicious Coconut Pana Cotta, which was topped with peanut butter crack, mini sugar donouts, pineapple sorbet and chocolate peanut popcorn. I am not a fan of sweet dessert wine, however, the Glen Carlou, The Welder, dessert wine that was paired with our dessert was actually very tasty.

Each dish had it's own unique flavours, which complimented one another perfectly. What a pleasant lunch it was. I highly recommend booking a lunch at Roots Restaurant if you are planning a trip just outside of Johannesburg.  
 
 
 
 
 
For more pics and posts head on over to my Instagram page

TC
xoxo

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig