NYFW | 2018



Can you believe we are already in September of 2018! How fast has this year flown? 
On a less daunting note, it's Fashion Month and as many of you may know, NYFW kick started fashion month this past week. Although I live on the other side of the world. I still got to enjoy the magic that New York Fashion Week hosts. Each show and presentation was beautifully curated and the inspiration that was created for spring/summer 2019 is nothing but exciting. There were however a few shows and presentations that stood out for me and so I put together a list of my favourites to recap the week.

My Favourite Shows at NYFW 2018:
Zimmerman 
Zimmerman never seems to disappoint. If you are a lover for pastel colours, boho vibes and 70s style then bring on spring/summer 2019 because this is going to be a major trend. The show was beautifully presented bringing back some of the most icon styles that millennials can finally experience ;)


Oscar De La Renta 

Oh, the elegance that Oscar De La Renta presents is always something worth mentioning. If you ever dreamed of being a princess (I still dream about one day becoming a princess) then Oscar De La Renta will make those dreams come true in his breath-taking gowns. Each dress was magical, elegant and beautifully designed. The classic Oscar De La Renta gold and black still made an appearance but I must say the gorgeous fluffy feather embellishments and fringes on many of the designs were my favourite from the show, as it gave a soft feminine flare which I absolutely live for.






Michael Kors
Michael Kors is always fun because he is always coming up with the most creative designs that can be worn on any occasion. Once again colourful hippie/boho vibes made an appearance at the Michael Kors show with fringed accessories and wide bell-bottomed legged pants with plenty of bold prints making me think that the "Oh So 70s" theme will definitely be present for spring/summer next year.

Mansur Gavriel 
Ever had high tea while watching a fashion show? Well at the Mansur Gavriel a beautifully presented high tea was served with elegant table decorations, flower arrangements flowing perfectly with the design of each garment and delicious Laduree Cakes. Once again pastel and neutral colours made an appearance and I can say with certainty that spring 2019 is going to see the best fashion yet (well at least in my eyes as I am a sucker for retro boho vibes and pastel colour schemes)


Marc Jacobs 
I felt like I was at the most elegant mad-hatters tea party at Marc Jacobs. Every outfit was so creative and futuristic while still maintaining a sense of elegance. Cotton candy colours were showcased making it fun and light hearted for any stylish occasion. Marc Jacobs is one of my favourite designers because every show is always a surprise! I just loved it!

Chanel
My favourite presentation of NYFW has to be the Chanel Haute Couture presentation. Being Chanel, it was nothing but elegant and each garment was so elegant. The attention to detail is always amazing to see in any Chanel garment. From the jackets to the skirts to the booties, I felt like I was in a scene from a Gossip Girl party in New York! The pretty sparkles, sequence and patterns was so elegantly placed yet so young and fun!

Keep posted for more posts on Fashion Month! Follw me on Instagram to keep updated!


TC
xoxo


1 comment


  1. Such a nice blog posted here on fashion. The stuff you have shared here is really very nice. Thanks for posting
    and keep sharing more like this.
    Sebi registered advisory company

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig